At Therrien Waddell, safety is an integral part of achieving successful projects, maximum productivity, and a positive work environment.
This is why safety is paramount at Therrien Waddell:
Did you know?
- One in ten construction workers are injured every year.
(Source: Industrial Safety & Hygiene News)
- The top four types of construction-related injuries that lead to death are falls, being caught between two objects, electrocutions and being struck by an object.
(Source: Environment, Health & Safety Today)
- Falls are the major cause of construction-related fatal injuries.
(Source: Center for Construction Research and Training)
Our commitment to safety
- Projects are pre-planned from a safety standpoint before they start, with all stakeholders required to provide detailed plans for eliminating, controlling or minimizing the potential hazards or exposures that can be foreseen.
- TW has a safety committee established as a management tool to recommend improvements to our workplace safety program and to identify corrective measures needed to eliminate or control recognized safety and health hazards.
- All employees receive thorough training on all of the equipment, methods and vehicles they use.
TW communicates with employees concerning safety through:
- Jobsite safety meetings
- Safety team meetings
- Safety posters and handouts
- Individual contact
- Third-party training sessions
- Internal job-site inspections and shared reports
- Employee recognition program for safe work behavior
At Therrien Waddell, safety is everyone's business!