Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others.
Role at Therrien Waddell
Jerry, co-founder of the firm, is responsible for the overall management of the construction company—inspiring, communicating and implementing the organization’s vision and strategic plan.
What makes Jerry tick?
Therrien Waddell’s co-founder Donnie Waddell knows Jerry well. “I’ve seen Jerry’s talents as a business strategist grow and flourish during our decades together. His focus on industry trends, technology, and relationships has been a key part of our success in growing a solid and successful business. Jerry is a Renaissance man—he likes to learn and implement, which keeps our business ahead of the curve.”
Jerry grew up in New England and developed his work ethic as a youth, under the influence of his French-Canadian family and around his father’s residential carpentry background. After graduating from Gettysburg College in Pennsylvania with a major in biology, Jerry set out for the Washington, DC area and took a “temporary” job in construction to fund graduate school.
Jerry’s stint at his temporary construction job grew into a life-long love of the construction industry. For Jerry, the building industry has provided an opportunity to strategize, plan, innovate and create meaningful environments for communities.
- Past Chair/Current Board Member, Gaithersburg-Germantown Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Montgomery County and Reston, VA Chambers of Commerce
- Member, Board of Directors, Sandy Spring Museum
- Board of Directors member, Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) of Metro Washington
- Member, Associated General Contractors of Maryland (AGC)
- Member, National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP)
- Member, U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC)
- LEED Accredited Professional (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design)
- 2013 graduate of Leadership Montgomery
After business hours
Jerry enjoys reading historical novels, woodworking, fine art, travel, gardening, fitness, vineyards, single malt scotch, museums, and any outdoor pursuit.