- Project LocationWashington, DC
- ScopeTenant Build-Out
- Size1,565 SF
- ClientWarby Parker
- ArchitectLawrence Group
Category / Retail
- Historic Georgetown, D.C. was the setting for the renovation of a new retail space for this socially-responsible firm that designs custom eyewear.
- TW was selected as general contractor and coordinated demolition of the interior of the existing space, construction of a new interior and installation of new, high-end finishes—all in a tight timeframe.
Why Therrien Waddell?
- TW was chosen in a competitive process after not only demonstrating responsiveness during the bidding and evaluation phases, but also showing the most thorough understanding of the project requirements.
- The satisfied owner again trusted TW to handle subsequent replacements of the roof and HVAC system.
Challenges and Results
- An extremely aggressive construction deadline was called for to prepare the space for a high-profile grand opening event. This necessitated expedited materials orders and required precise coordination of subcontractors and building phases.
- Numerous obstacles were overcome, such as custom-configuring a new mechanical system and electrical fixtures in very limited ceiling space. Permitting delays and other hidden conditions revealed after demolition threatened the schedule, but TW provided the leadership to make the best use of time and problem-solving talent.
- In spite of the construction challenges, the client’s successful grand opening event was held on time. Another fast-track project effectively completed!