- Project LocationUrbana, MD
- ScopeNew Medical Shell Building
- Size6,700 SF
- ClientUrbana Development, LLC
- ArchitectW.H. Stablein, AIA & Associates Columbia, MD
Category / Healthcare
- The area was being energized by new and growing neighborhoods, and the communities benefited from the construction of this new single-story building intended for future use as a medical office building.
- Building elements included a wood frame shell structure, all-brick exterior with four separate entrances and central facilities to serve four or more suites.
- The building shared the site with a new daycare facility, also constructed by TW.
Why Therrien Waddell?
- As general contractor in charge of managing all site and building construction, TW was chosen for the role based on value and the architect’s referral.
- Collaboration with the owner prior to and during proposal presentation demonstrated a well-documented knowledge and understanding of the project requirements.
Challenges and Results
- The topographical plan that formed the basis for the site design was found to be inaccurate and outdated. This issue affected all aspects of site work, as work commenced. The TW team worked with project engineers to make critical adjustments to grading, utilities and storm water management to maintain progress and minimize delays.