- Project LocationSilver Spring, MD
- ScopeTenant Build-Out
- Size2,450 SF
- ClientPanco Management Corporation
- ArchitectWHS Architects
Category / Commercial
- Renovate the functionality, accessibility and ambience of the ground-level lobby and upper-level mezzanine of an existing urban high-rise apartment building – this project showcased TW’s ability to achieve exceptional upscale renovations.
- High-end finishes included custom-fabricated millwork and decorative wood panels, quartz stone countertops, marble/porcelain tile floor and wall finishes, an electric fireplace, and butt glazed walls and doors.
Why Therrien Waddell?
- TW demonstrated experience in working in occupied space where access needs to be maintained. As a result, TW was selected as general contractor, coordinating all phases of the project in collaboration with the property manager.
- TW was referred by the architect, who was familiar with TW’s ability to coordinate teams who work respectfully and effectively in public spaces.
Challenges and Results
- “We were tasked to provide minimal disruption to the residents of the building and return the common areas and lounge areas to use as quickly as possible,” says co-owner Jerry Therrien. TW achieved this by phasing construction and scheduling precise delivery of materials.
- There were no major issues during the project thanks to the phased construction approach and constant communication and partnership with the property manager. Not only was the high quality of our work maintained, but residents had continuous access to entrances and elevators throughout the project.