- Project LocationSilver Spring, MD
- ScopeInterior Renovation
- Size29,070 SF
- ClientSirens Media, LLC
- ArchitectARZ Architects & Planners
Category / Commercial
- This recognizable media production client undertook a relocation and office expansion in a Class A office building. This resulted in the build-out of 100 upscale offices, executive suite, state-of-the-art conference room, custom-designed video editing suites, kitchens, staff lounge and a large open collaborative workspace.
- As construction manager at risk, TW collaborated with the owner and architect during the design phase and then took full responsibility for coordination, financial goals and execution of the construction phase.
Why Therrien Waddell?
- TW builds lasting relationships. In this case, TW was strongly recommended by the client’s broker, who has a long-standing relationship with TW.
- TW also has a well-established collaborative partnership with the architect.
- Early in the process, an alliance of mutual trust and esteem was developed between the client and TW, which resulted in a negotiated cost-plus contract.
Challenges and Results
- An aggressive schedule demanded fast tracking, and TW successfully managed the sequence of activities and used creative approaches to accelerate construction methods beyond traditional contracting practices.
- TW was able to deliver the project successfully despite modifications imposed by new ownership after acquisition of the client’s company in the middle of the project. Mid-stream changes always challenge momentum and efforts toward goals, but TW proactive approach enabled the project to stay on course.
- The satisfied owner called upon TW after the initial completion of the project for several additional renovation projects – a sure sign that TW managed another successful construction venture.