- Project LocationRockville, MD
- ScopeNew Building
- Size4,700 SF
- ClientFederal Realty Investment Trust
- ArchitectRounds Vanduzer Architects
Category / Retail
- Panera Bread differentiates itself with healthy food and by donating fresh baked goods to the needy. “TW was eager to align with a company that shares our values and commitment to supporting communities,” says Jerry Therrien.
- TW worked closely with the shopping center owner on this 6-month, fast-track project to flesh out costs and a complex schedule required for construction of an independent pad building to retail specifications.
Why Therrien Waddell?
- “When selected for this project, we had earned the role of a preferred contractor with the project owner, Federal Realty Investment Trust,” explains Jerry Therrien. This is another example of TW’s ambition to earn life-long relationships with its partners in the community.
- The store opening schedule and key coordination issues dictated a collaborative approach. TW and the Owner have a history of cooperative engagement to achieve the goals for similar commercial clients.
Challenges and Results
- Construction occurred in a busy shopping center, which required rigorous coordination of parking lot access, construction staging and utility access. Despite these complexities, the TW team met all of the stringent deadlines and tenant requirements.
- To expedite the construction process, TW pre-fabricated assemblies of many critical building components.
- Although the construction plans weren’t fully developed at the beginning of the fast-track project, communication and collaboration fostered by the well-established working relationships with the project architect and the owner propelled the project forward without any hitches.