- Project LocationMiddleton, MD
- ScopeNew Building
- Size13,800 SF
- ClientMaryland National Golf, LLC
- ArchitectDNC Architects
Category / Institutional
- This existing 18-hole golf club was ready for a new club house to blend aesthetically with the surrounding country and rural golfing environment.
- The new two-story facility features a wrap-around porch with expansive views of the adjacent course. A cozy stone fireplace and exposed rough-hewn beams complement the first floor containing a common room, dining room, full-service kitchen and extensive pro shop.
- Offices and conference facilities are housed on the second floor.
Why Therrien Waddell?
- TW was selected because we offered best value, are a locally experienced construction firm and demonstrated an in-depth understanding of the project scope.
- TW served as general contractor, coordinating subcontractors and managing the construction/installation schedule.
Challenges and Results
- Winter months present unique challenges to construction projects and threatened this project at the foundation and framing stages with frozen ground, mud and sodden materials. TW had the years of experience to implement techniques to work through and around these environmental issues and protect material and work in progress.
- Code issues with designed fire assemblies were a hurdle, but were successfully managed to avoid significant delays.