- Project LocationGaithersburg, MD
- ScopeNew Building
- Size12,000 SF
- ClientClassic Communities
- ArchitectRktects Studio, Inc.
Category / Institutional
- TW provided families in this new development with a state-of-the-art aquatic, fitness and community facility.
- The center is a complex, three-level structure, combining integrated wood, steel, and concrete structural framing. Amenities include an elevator, fitness room and lockers, offices, conference space and a multipurpose room.
- An expansive pool deck serves three swimming pools, a pool house and a concession stand.
Why Therrien Waddell?
- TW was selected as the general contractor by the developer of the residential community based on:
- Expertise with pool and community centers
- Best-value proposal
- Recommendation of the architect
Challenges and Results
- Proximity of foundation footers in a small footprint required carefully orchestrated phased excavation and concrete pours.
- A major midstream implementation challenge was coordinating utility provider schedules and changing requirements. However, clear communication and persistence kept the project schedule on track.
- Despite critical HVAC design issues and tight installation constraints, the TW team resolved these complications through ingenuity and cooperation.