- Project LocationGermantown, MD
- ScopeTenant Build-Out
- Size1,360 SF
- ArchitectHord, Coplan, Macht, Inc.
Category / Healthcare
- As part of the development of the medical office building on the first new hospital campus complex in Montgomery County, MD in 35 years, Therrien Waddell performed construction services on the build-out of LabCorp’s clinical testing laboratory in Germantown, MD
Why Therrien Waddell?
- Strict building rules for this recently completed class A structure demanded attention to specific construction standards and methods, to minimize disruption to existing medical tenants and visitors while meeting schedule commitments. TW was chosen because of its reputation for accomplishing these goals.
- During lease negotiations and planning, TW assisted the Owner in developing budgets and options supporting leasing and development goals.
- TW brought the greatest value, as well as a competitive price, to the Owner.
Challenges and Results
- TW’s past experience with Class A office space was tapped for this project. The high standards of the TW touch were reflected in fine millwork finishes and installation of durable, high-quality flooring throughout the laboratory space and patient rooms.
- Medical facilities demand state-of-the-art systems and finishes. TW was required to integrate all new mechanical/electrical/plumbing, fire protection, controls, and wall and ceiling systems with partially completed shell building installations on multiple floors.