- Project LocationRockville, MD
- ScopeNew Building
- Size6,000 SF
- ClientJared Jewelers
- ArchitectMV+A Architects Bethesda, MD
Category / Retail
- A TW gem: Construction of a one-story retail pad building in a street-front location on a busy strip shopping center’s parking lot.
- The scope of work included exterior masonry, window systems, monumental entry feature, and special Jared-branded ornamental cap details.
- The store interior, featuring intricate ceilings and accent lighting, included a secure vault and extensive sub-slab electrical service for display cases.
- As General Contractor, TW managed all trades, material installation, costs and scheduling.
Why Therrien Waddell?
- Three factors led to TW’s selection:
- Past experience with the client on numerous successful retail projects.
- Proven expertise with retail construction and schedules.
- Comprehensive & best value pricing.
Challenges and Results
- Because of the pad building’s placement in an active shopping center, work had to be carefully planned. A major priority was to maintain a safe and secure construction environment that permitted continuing retail operations and unobstructed public access.
- Installation of the high-quality finishes in Jared Jewelers retail stores required special attention.
- Construction was performed during a particularly harsh winter, requiring considerable weather protection measures to keep work on schedule.
- TW delivered the store on time, despite the weather and a last-minute requirement to install tenant-furnished fixtures and furniture just before occupancy. By avoiding interference with operations of adjacent retail stores, our team successfully managed the challenges of construction work in a busy shopping center.