Goddard School Ellicott City
Category / Institutional
- As the construction manager at risk, TW provided the essentials: preconstruction estimating, value engineering evaluations and management of the subcontractors.
- From the ground up—To make way for construction of this new pre-school, site work involved removing an existing residence and landscaping, relocating electrical infrastructure and creating a new turn lane on the road facing the property.
- Construction of this model single-story pre-school included 10 classrooms, offices, a kitchen, and multiple classroom rest rooms in a structure designed as a light-gauge framed and prefab wood truss system.
Why Therrien Waddell?
- We build relationships—one project at a time. TW was selected for this project based on the solid work and relationships crafted on a first daycare project for this client and architect. TW was subsequently awarded two more daycare projects (Goddard Schools Clarksburg and Bethesda).
- We listen. We value our clients’ ideas and input. The partnership aspect of our relationship with this client helped us give them viable alternatives to improve elements of the new building for better performance.
Challenges and Results
- We specialize in keeping all of the balls in the air. This project had it all: Bad weather. Utility company delays. Dealing with State Highway issues. No one looks for trouble, but TW certainly plans for it. Despite these challenges, we worked around or through the issues and the project was completed to the satisfaction of our client.