Community Services For Autistic Adults and Children
Category / Institutional
- Construction of CSAAC’s new headquarters was accomplished in two phases:
- Phase 1: Site development and construction of a new single-story building, with complete interior build-out.
- Phase 2: 24,000 SF expansion included two additions to either side of the original structure and utility service modifications.
- TW was chosen as the negotiated construction manager at risk for all phases of construction.
- The advantages of having TW involved in pre-construction services included working with the design team and client representative on progressive work estimates, cost-saving alternatives, and development of construction solutions.
Why Therrien Waddell?
- During review of qualifications for the project, TW presented an impressive case for sensitivity to cost limitations, finding economies and meeting schedules.
- A reputation for collaboration, professionalism and service complemented TW’s experience.
Challenges and Results
- Curvilinear interior elements were designed to provide a soothing, inviting environment for clients and their families. However, the undulating curves of walls and corridors presented significant construction challenges. Careful attention was paid to detail and craftsmanship, with stunning results.
- Knowledge of local permitting and sensitive environmental requirements, along with experience in utility company coordination, expedited the schedule and yielded cost savings.
I want to thank you for completing a building that is beyond our expectations. Every new face that comes to our headquarters is in awe of the space, look and feel of the building and, quite frankly, is very envious. Congratulations on a job well done!
Ian Paragol, Executive Director - CSAAC