- Project LocationGermantown, MD
- ScopeTenant Build-Out
- Size1,650 SF
- ArchitectHord, Coplan, Macht, Inc.
Category / Healthcare
- Our expertise in the exacting standards of healthcare-related general contracting were fully utilized for the construction of this specialty pharmacy in a recently-constructed medical office building.
- As project general contractor, TW was responsible for materials purchasing as well as hiring and managing subcontractors for this total build-out requiring construction of all walls, doors, ceilings, flooring, custom finishes and new mechanical, plumbing, electrical and fixtures.
Why Therrien Waddell?
- TW was selected for this project based on a proposal that demonstrated our thorough understanding of the client’s objectives and the construction process necessary for a pharmacy.
- This project was awarded to TW simultaneously with the award of the interior construction of LabCorp, another health care-related project in the same building.
Challenges and Results
- A special challenge was the set of medical facility rules and building restrictions that limited disruptions to building occupants and visitors and governed heightened security and cleanliness. “Our background in institutional construction prepared us to meet the high expectations of the building owner and tenant,” says TW co-principal Donnie Waddell.
- The delivery schedule was set in stone. TW’s adept management of the construction process finished the project on time. One key was helping the tenant secure his industry inspections and certifications that were required prior to opening the doors of this pharmacy, which now serves the community and local hospital.