Do you have what it takes to be on the team? Therrien Waddell has developed a corporate culture that is deeply rooted in our business DNA.
We thrive on problem-solving. We tell the truth. We seek balance and fairness. We are upbeat and energetic. We are great at what we do. We stick to our schedules and budgets. We look for better ways to do things. We treat others with civility. If you share these traits, read on …
Why is Therrien Waddell the right place to start—or continue—your career in construction?
- Build your skills on a variety of great projects
- Team-focused – when you succeed, we all succeed
- Learning environment—build a variety of skills, explore different roles
- Tuition reimbursement, internships and mentoring
- Personal Growth Opportunity – increasing responsibility and leadership roles
Here’s what our employees want YOU to know:
Senior Project Manager
Assistant Project Manager
We offer the following benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Life insurance
- 401(k) with company contribution
- Medical, dental and vision plan
- Paid vacation and personal leave
- Long-Term Disability
- Employee incentive program
- Company paid tuition reimbursement for industry-related coursework
- Health club sponsorship
Location: N/A - Department: General
If you do not see a position that you’re interested in, please still submit your resume here. We are always looking to expand our TW family!
Location: Gaithersburg, MD - Department: Estimating Department
Mid-level Estimator for commercial bids and conceptual presentations. Projects include renovations, interiors and new builidng construction mostly in the private sector and located in the Washington and Baltimore Metropolitan areas.
This position will be filled as an Estimator with a commercial Construction Manager at Risk firm preparing renovation, interiors, and building construction proposals. Proposals will be hard bid and negotiated presentations. Responsibilities include all tasks necessary to prepare proposals to achieve project awards. This encompasses the complete evaluation of drawings, specifications and bidding instructions, total project knowledge & detailed scope understanding by trade, subcontractor/vendor solicitation and follow-up, assembly of proposal packages with all appropriate documents, and coordination with internal and external project teams. In addition to engaging subcontractor participation, responsibilities require meetings, communication, and follow up with clients, design professionals, and client representatives on proposals to determine status, respond to questions, and assist in final negotiations.
- Do whatever it takes to make sure proposals are competitive & have the greatest chance of winning.
- Double check all critical work deliverables to minimize mistakes.
- Pro-active self-starter.
- Build long term win-win interpersonal, inter-company, sub and client relationships.
- Seek to continually promote improvement, learning and advancement – personally & corporately.
- Develop creative solutions to problems & seek increased profits.
- Take “ownership” of all activities; participate in company functions/meetings; adhere to corporate goals, policies and procedures; act with integrity, building trust and professionalism.
- Experience with Timberline software, On-Screen Take-off, Primavera Schedule, Bluebeam, and strong Microsoft Word & Excel skills are essential.
- Must be team oriented, disciplined, and possess exceptional focus on meeting customer expectations and developing strong subcontractor relationships.
- 3 to 5 year experience estimating/bidding commercial construction
- Knowledge of all trade divisions
- College degree, preferably in related field
- Existing relationships with subs/vendors
- Proven track record of success